Thursday, August 25, 2016

DIY Sensory Bottles!

Hey my Awkward friends,

I was thinking of something to share with you this week. I was at a loss until I  tripped over it. A sensory bottle that I had made for RJ was lying on the floor. My son had gotten so much enjoyment out of the simple toys I made for him I thought I should share..

I made bottles several in different colors to help teach him colors as well as being soothing. Here's what you need to make your own sensory bottles. 

An empty water bottle
Food color
Beads or small river rocks
Glitter
Decorative Duct tape

This project takes about ten minutes. It is super simple and the kids can help. Just use caution when handling small beads and rocks.
Remove the label from the water bottle. Place the river rocks or beads in the bottle. Just enough to cover the bottom and make a great sound. You can also put the glitter and food color in at this time. 

Fill the bottle with water.

If you are mixing colors you may want to wait to put the color in after you fill the bottle  with water.

There you have it. One awesome sensory toy. Don't forget to duct tape and secure the top of the bottle so there no accidents.



No comments:

Post a Comment